Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Burlap Heart Garland Tutorial

Today my tutorial for this cute Burlap Heart Garland is being featured over on the Therm O Web blog. It's a fun, quick, easy project - great for Valentine's Day!

Of course I can't sew any project without the help of Marbles!  He had a splendid time playing in all the lace!
 

After the hearts were sewn, I sprayed them with Glitter Dust.  I love Glitter Dust!  The glitter won't flake off your project, the adhesive won't alter your project, and it just adds a hint of glitter!  
Here you can see the little sparkle when the sun hits it.


I think this garland would be cute in traditional Valentine's Day colors also.  I wanted it a little more subdue since I was making it for my dining room.

Check out the tutorial and whip one up today!!


Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Your garland is so pretty . . . kitty likes it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the unconventional colors! I get a little sick of pink and red so the soft blue is refreshing...and the glitter spray, well, gotta get me some of that!

    ReplyDelete