Friday, March 1, 2013

My Favorite Quilt

  

Welcome to Jedi Craft Girl!  Family Ever After is hosting SEW-VIVOR and I am so excited to submit this post as my entry.

I love sewing and quilting more than anything!!!  I have been sewing since I was in junior high when I learned to sew myself shorts.  I have been quilting for the past 14 years and I don't even want to count how many quilts I've made.  It was hard to choose "my best work" to submit....kind of like choosing which child you love best :)  I decided on this quilt.  It hangs in my entry way and I see everyday.  It makes me feel happy.

The quilt measures 57"x73".  The blocks are pieced and the flowers and leaves are machine appliqued.
 

I don't own a long arm quilt machine, so the quilting was all done by me on my regular sewing machine.  This is about the largest size I will quilt at home.  It gets too bulky.



I was so happy with the quilting.  (It took 3 hours and my back hurt for 2 days.)  I did tight meanders on all the white fabric.  The blocks have flowers and loop-de-loos quilted on them.  
 

The binding is hand-sewn.

A quilt on a windy day is so much fun!!

    
Here is where it lives most of the year.  It's the first thing people see when they come in my home and it is a good representation of who I am.


"I cannot count my day complete, 'till fabric, thread, and needle meet"


Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I have found this quilt online once before, and managed to forget the pattern name. What is it? I love this quilt and am hoping to make it for a friend as a wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop website. The fabrics are by Basic Grey. It's a few years old. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Just found it: It's called "I'm Blushing!"

      Delete