Friday, July 20, 2012

Best Caramel Sauce EVER

Once again, The Brown Eyed Baker proves to be my favorite cooking blog ever!  Her caramel sauce is amazing.  I made it last night and wanted to eat the entire batch!  Go to her blog for a complete step by step (with photos) tutorial.  She makes her's "salted".  I left out the salt in mine because I was taking it to a shower & not sure if the salted flavor would go over.  If you just want the recipe here it is:

2 cups granulated sugar
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature

You heat the 2 cups of sugar in a sauce pan until it is melted.  This takes a while & I was convinced it would never melt!  But it does.  Cook the sugar until it is a dark amberish-redding-orangish color (350 degrees)  I didn't use a thermomater - you can tell when it is cooked.  If you over cook it it will taste burnt - mine was right on the fine line of not being burnt.

Then add the butter and stir in until melted.  Then turn off the heat and add the cream until all mixed in.  Let it sit for about 10 minutes & you're ready to gobble it down!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll pass on the caramel, unless it's surrounded by chocolate : ) but I love your header! Digital scrapbooking?

    ReplyDelete